Many people choose private pay therapists because it keeps them in control of their therapy and privacy. Insurance companies require a mental health diagnosis to cover services and many who benefit from counseling do not meet criteria for a diagnosis. Also, many insurance companies limit the amount of sessions you should receive based on your diagnosis and that may not be a good fit for you.
15-Minute Consultation (learn more about Evolve and how we may be able to help)
Initial Individual Evaluation (In this initial meeting, we will explore the nature and severity of the presenting problem, discuss goals, and create a plan to help you meet them.)
Individual Counseling Rates
Initial Relationship Evaluation (In this initial meeting, we will explore the history of each partner and the relationship, what each partner hopes to get from counseling, and how we are going to work together to help you get there.)
Relationship Counseling Rates
Group Counseling Rates
Evolve accepts Aetna.
If we do not take your insurance, you may be eligible for Out-of-Network reimbursement with appropriate documentation. After each session, you will be able to generate a Superbill through the patient portal that you can submit to your insurance provider.
You should always contact your insurance carrier to find out if you have Out-of-Network benefits and what portion of services may be covered. Call the customer service phone number on the back of your insurance card and ask the following questions:
- What are my “out-of-network” outpatient mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and how much of it have I met?
- Is it possible to meet with a provider that I choose and submit a Superbill for reimbursement?
- What is the process for pursuing reimbursement?
- Is there a limit on how many sessions per year may be covered?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session (CPT codes: 90791 (initial consultation) and 90837 (55 min counseling session)
- How long will it take to get my reimbursement?
- Do I need a referral from a primary care physician?
- Do my benefits cover telehealth services (online counseling)?
Evolve accepts all major credit cards as forms of payment, including Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Cards. Patients are required to keep a card on file and payment is due at the time of service.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you will be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!